Our policy at Inglis Vets is to re-assess a pet requiring a repeat prescription every three months, but this may vary with individual circumstances.
Our vets may prescribe relevant veterinary medicinal products only following a clinical assessment of a pet under his or her care. Information on the costs of any medicines or the repeat prescription consultation fee, are available on request.
At Inglis Vets we try to provide your pet with access the widest range of medications at reasonable costs. We do however accept that you may wish to obtain your pet’s medication from a third party such as another practice or an ‘internet pharmacy’.
If you wish to do this, you may request a written prescription from the practice for your pet’s medication. If you choose to obtain medications in this way:
- We can provide a written prescription to allow medication to be dispensed. This can be valid for up to a maximum of three months from the date of your pet’s last consultation with a veterinary surgeon at the practice. This is subject to the vet authorising your pet to receive a repeat prescription of the medication requested. In the case of controlled drugs, we can legally only provide a one month prescription.
- We accept no responsibility for sending your prescription to a third party. All prescriptions must be collected from the practice by the registered client.
- We accept no responsibility for any issues pertaining to stock availability with third party suppliers. If we issue you a written prescription but you are unable to have it fulfilled with an online pharmacy, no refunds will be issued.
- We will provide a written prescription within 72 hours of your request.
- Fraudulent misuse of prescriptions will be reported to the Veterinary Medicines Directorate.
- We shall levy a reasonable charge for this service, for each drug, to cover the administrative costs of prescription writing as per the RCVS guide to professional conduct.
- We shall charge for reissue of lost or damaged prescriptions requiring replacement or any amendments.
To place an order, give us a call or complete the form below.
Please allow 72 hours for us to provide your prescription. On occasion some types of drugs may take longer to order, so please ensure that you always order well in advance to ensure you don’t run out of medicine for your pet.